News & Updates
December 9, 2020
CodeData has just launched the 10-Day-Outcome Challenge, where your data meets Makoro™ technologies and delivers a meaningful outcome to your business in 10 days. Sign Up on the site and we will be happy to share more.
December 8, 2020
CodeData will showcase Makoro™ in Vietnam this weekend at a Startup Weekend event. We are excited about our introduction to the market in Vietnam. We look forward to meet with you all and chat about Makoro™.
October 16, 2020
Makoro™ is not the same old way of asset performance management. It combines data from IoT, operational, and enterprise systems and makes recommendations on how asset performance can be improved in real-time. While other solutions are using advanced visualization for advanced analytics, Makoro™ takes a radically different approach with recommendations, With a recommendation system for asset performance manufacturers can take a more strategic approach to asset management.
Join this event to learn about how Makoro™ recommendations can make asset management cheaper and more engaging for your workforce.
#SmartManufacturing #Industry40 #RecommendationEconomy #ContinuousIntelligence #MakoroAI
October 7, 2020
The unprecedented impact of COVID-19 has proved that to innovate past the post-COVID-19 world, businesses require an ever-increasing velocity and scale of analysis to succeed in the face of unforeseen market shifts. The National Association of Manufacturers released the findings of a survey of manufacturing leaders examining the economic and operational impacts of COVID-19.
The survey highlights that 53.1% of manufacturers anticipate a change in operations and 35.5% of manufacturers are facing supply chain disruptions as a result of COVID-19.
To respond to change, activities in a production process must be continuously monitored and adjusted as needed. including purchasing of raw materials and the handling of inventories to maintaining the quality standards of the goods produced. Decisions based on continuous analysis of such processes empower manufacturers to predict, prepare, and respond in a proactive and accelerated manner to changing market conditions, including the likes of this crisis and its aftermath.
For manufacturers to lead the way, continuous intelligence is paramount. Gartner predicts that by 2022, more than half of major new business systems will incorporate continuous intelligence that uses real-time context data to improve decisions. A recently released report by ABI Research also identified Continuous Intelligence as a top technology trend to watch in the year to come.
Powered by advanced analytics and artificial intelligence technologies, continuous intelligence solutions improve the speed, quality, and precision of real-time and near-real-time operational decisions because they ingest higher volume and variety of quality data into the decision making process.
Moreover, these systems are able to process high volumes of data – both from IoT and other disparate systems – quickly, shielding your workforce from overload. Also, as the complexity and number of manufacturing assets increase, these systems are able to apply optimization techniques to evaluate far more options than a person could consider in the same amount of time. When done right, these systems also ensure better safety and distribution of your workforce.
Because it is possible to implement continuous intelligence at scale due to advances in device connectivity leading to an explosion of data from sensors, actuators, and other devices, processing capabilities in the cloud, and streaming technologies operating at scale. Further impetus is provided by the advent of 5G to the already-present physical layer technologies, with the promise of openness, better performance, stability, security, and implementation simplicity, for faster use of IoT data in continuous intelligence applications.
Effective continuous intelligence systems display these 4 characteristics:
- Continuous Monitoring: Continuous intelligence systems run all the time, listening to and analyzing events as they occur, and making recommendations that require responses by persons or systems.
- Continuous Improvement: It’s important to correlate business goals with recommendations to make sure the models are working correctly and if necessary, modify rules and analytics and re-run to get recommendations aligned with business outcomes.
- Human Validation: People should be able to validate the intelligence periodically so that actions can be taken when recommendations do not achieve the desired results.
- Common Understanding: Although each person may have a personalized view of recommendations specific to their role within the organization, continuous intelligence provides a common operating view of processes across the enterprise.
Continuous intelligence from Makoro™ makes asset performance recommendations to manufacturers so they can deal proactively with changes in market demands. Makoro™ continuously correlates and analyzes data from IoT devices, enterprise, and operational systems and makes simple, real-time, and contextual recommendations that can be directly used by your workforce.
Recommendations from Makoro™ relate to users’ job functions and past interactions and are delivered directly to where they can be acted upon.
Users interact with Makoro™ via simple Accept/Ignore actions, which feed back into Makoro™; Makoro™ learns from the user interactions and re-trains so the recommendations get better continuously.
We invite you to take the Ten-day Makoro™ Challenge and experience continuous intelligence by Makoro™.
October 6, 2020
The fundamental network structure of #5G, combined with #IIoT will deliver a slew of secure, fast, and reliable data-driven applications for the manufacturing and supply chain.
Lower latency, higher capacity, and higher speed in 5G networks mean thousands of more connected devices, resulting in more data and faster ingestion, thereby augmenting the impact of #RecommendationEconomy delivered through #ContinuousIntelligence applications like #MakoroAI.
July 31, 2020
We are excited to announce the launch of our #newpartnership! CodeData joins hands with Enterprise Infotech based out of Melbourne, Australia, on a Strategic Partnership Alliance for Makoro™ distribution and implementation in APAC.
Enterprise Infotech is a digital consultancy focused on providing a platform for new and innovative solutions to customers in the AsiaPacific region, especially in Australia and New Zealand. Through the flagship offering of ‘Digital Podium’, Enterprise Infotech enables businesses in this region to benefit from innovation happening around the world.
Rohit Shashank Kumar, the CEO of Enterprise Infotech says: “Makoro™ with its unique value proposition and AI/ML-powered, recommendation-based approach will be a great solution for the manufacturing companies in this region. Digital Podium will provide Makoro™ the required opportunity and at the same time offer local businesses an innovative solution for smart manufacturing.”
July 27, 2020
From data to recommendations in minutes.
#MakoroAI #ContinuousIntelligence #RecommendationEconomy
Talk to us for a demo: https://calendly.com/sam-sur/m-intro
April 14, 2020
Auto parts manufacturers want to continuously improve asset management programs for critical assets by reducing maintenance costs and improving the visibility of the maintenance process.
This auto parts manufacturer has three manufacturing locations – Business Story each using an inventory system, a maintenance system, and two custom applications developed in-house with limited integration between them to manage the performance of manufacturing assets.
Manual interaction with these systems has resulted in process inconsistencies, higher costs, zero visibility and has constrained the company’s asset performance management program. Their maintenance expenditure has been increasing over the last three years, recently reaching 30% of the COGS.
This manufacturer wants to reduce maintenance costs and human errors in the maintenance process, improve visibility initially within a plant location and eventually across all locations.
The manufacturer benefits from simple recommendations delivered by Makoro™ as well as from the Recommendations dashboard which tracks maintenance metrics and correlates it to recommendations.
The solution works like this:
- Smart devices and sensors connect to Makoro™ Edge deployed on gateway devices. Gateways in turn connect to Makoro™ Hub to send machine and operations data, such as flow velocity, oil and water temperature, vibration readings, machine working hours, etc.
- This data is then combined with data from enterprise applications and analyzed using a set of business rules and the predictive, Al-powered algorithms of Makoro™ Mind.
- When Makoro™ identifies a potential problem, such as a blockage in a filter that requires the attention of an operations manager, it sends notifications and proactively creates maintenance requests, schedules and assigns the requests, and makes recommendations on duration and parts.
- As users interact with the recommendations, Makoro™ learns and improves from the interaction patterns and over a period of time builds a system where asset maintenance decisions are data-driven, traceable and validated by the customer’s workforce.
- In the future, the solution will possibly be extended to other locations and can potentially be put on auto-pilot based on reinforced learning capabilities in Makoro™ from this location.
Makoro™ Predictive Asset Performance Management solution continuously and automatically aggregates and correlates data from the manufacturer’s in-house applications, inventory and maintenance management systems and delivers recommendations to optimize the use of assets and workforce while reducing overall maintenance cost.
- Eliminated complex cloud infrastructure provisioning
- 10% Reduction in Maintenance Costs
- Accelerated deployment by 8X compared to custom solutions
- 100% Process Visibility
December 9, 2019
CodeData is launching an alpha release of the Makoro™ product line on December 15 at the Startups Club Demo Day event in Bangalore, India. Information on the demo day is at the Startups Club site. Once you sign up for the event we will do a quick demo of the Makoro™ Alpha product and answer any questions you may have. If you can’t make it to the event, reach out to us @ email@example.com and we will set up an online demo for you.
December 1, 2019
This T&A manufacturer has been faced with long product lead time for fashion items, rising material and labor costs, short product cycles, and reduced profit margins. The advent of fast fashion has put demands on quick production and frequent changes in product orders.
Plant-level daily MIS reports including production efficiency, actual production, specific energy consumption per kg of yarn, and waste percentage are manually inspected and decisions made based on them. Reports and dashboards from multiple systems make manual decision-making further complex and time-consuming.
The industrial ecosystem, global sustainable business trends, and the eco-aware-consumer-driven economy are putting pressure on the manufacturer to be more sustainable, innovative, and agile.
The manufacturer does not have sufficient internal resources capable of driving effective and agile digital transformation.
The T&A manufacturer benefits from simple recommendations delivered by Makoro™ as well as from the built-in capabilities of Makoro™ Mind – the Al platform that powers Makoro™.
The solution works like this:
- Makoro™ collects and collates massive volumes of data generated from every system including sensors and servers, and multiple IT systems – the MES system, loT platform, and RFID middleware.
- Makoro™ further integrates shop floor control with digital sewing machines – unifying data from sewing operators and the sewing machines. It analyzes this data in real-time to make recommendations on improving energy consumption and reducing scrap.
- Makoro™ rapidly and automatically diagnoses common problems with machines and discovers the root cause within moments, such as the machine operating at faster than optimal speeds leading to frequent needle breaks. Shop floor managers are freed from monitoring machine conditions and spending time troubleshooting problems manually.
- Makoro™ loT integration helps in identifying weaknesses in the production process, thereby reducing machine downtime. With reduced paperwork and automated data collection, Makoro™ delivers an optimal decision support system for ‘Apparel 4.0.
- Makoro™ RFID integration further optimizes the Processing Workflow by using RFID tags on different fabric bundles that automatically reconfigure the settings on the sewing machines. This saves an incredible amount of time and effort.
Makoro™ monitors the overall production flow to detect the bottlenecks in the sewing line, increases the agility of the factory, and balances the production line in order to increase the overall productivity.
Makoro™’s recommendations further ensure a predictable production cycle while improving asset uptime, optimizing energy consumption, and reducing waste, thereby reducing costs for users.
Significant process efficiency improvements are achieved across the complete process – weaving, coating, thermosetting, printing, cutting, and final assembly, as well as effective use of skilled manpower.
- 11% Waste Reduction
- 5% Energy Savings based on real-time monitoring
- Accelerated deployment by 8X compared to custom solutions
- 8% Improvement in Order-to- Delivery times